Presidents-elect will need to go to rotary.org and login to Rotary to complete the follow courses online in the Rotary Learning Center.
- Club President Basics (January 2023)
- Club President Intermediate (February 2023)
- Creating an Inclusive Club (March 2023)
- Diversify Your Club (March 2023)
- Leading Effective Committees (March 2023)
- Managing Club Business (March 2023)
- Minimizing Risk (March 2023)
- Preventing and Addressing Harassment (March 2023)
- Protecting Personal Data (March 2023)
- Protecting Youth Participants (March 2023)
- Working With Your Club Leadership Team (March 2023)
District Leadership Roles
As a district leader you help clubs connect with each other, provide resources, train club leaders, qualify for Rotary grants, and conduct Rotary Youth Leadership Awards events and Youth Exchanges.
For more information, please login to My Rotary and go to the Rotary Learning Center.
Clubs and districts are guided by the Manual of Procedure, RI Constitution, and RI Bylaws. These documents provide the structure for RI’s policies and procedures. Every club and district can propose amendments to constitutional documents through the Council of Legislation.
Manual of Procedure
The Manual of Procedure offers a concise version of Rotary’s policies and procedures. The manual is geared to Rotary club and district leaders and features information that’s most relevant to their roles. It is published every three years to reflect adopted legislation and decisions of the RI conventions, the Council on Legislation, the Rotary International Board of Directors, and the Trustees of The Rotary Foundation.
The manual covers these key areas:
- Structure: Includes policies and procedures for clubs, districts, zones, Rotary International, and The Rotary Foundation.
- Carrying out Rotary’s mission: Includes the structure, policies, and procedures of the programs of RI and the Foundation
- International Meetings: Includes the RI Convention, Council on Legislation, and International Assembly
- Rotary’s constitutional and legal documents
Rotary’s constitutional documents
The Rotary International constitutional documents provide club and districts the foundation for RI’s policies and procedures.
- Constitution of Rotary International (PDF) (Word)
- Bylaws of Rotary International (PDF) (Word)
- Standard Rotary Club Constitution (PDF) (Word)
All clubs admitted to Rotary membership must adopt this constitution.
Clubs can tailor these bylaws, as long as their changes align with Rotary’s constitutional documents and the Rotary Code of Policies. If you have doubts about your proposed changes, please submit them to the general secretary for the RI Board to consider.
Rotary Code of Policies
The Rotary Code of Policies compiles all of the organization’s general and permanent policies. The revised version is available after each meeting of the RI Board and the Council on Legislation. A separate document outlines amendments made to the code whenever it is updated.
The Rotary Foundation Code of Policies is maintained in a separate document. A revised version is available after each meeting of The Rotary Foundation Trustees.